The overall objective of preparation of new Master Plan 2040 of Multan City is to improve Multan’s water supply, sewerage and drainage services. Enhancing the environment and public health in general is also part of objective. The specific objectives are:
- To prepare specific master plans for the water, sewerage and drainage services.
- To develop GIS based asset inventory with GIS and Contour Mapping on freshly acquired satellite imagery of at least 0.6 meter resolution along with thematic maps.
- To assess the state of the physical infrastructure and make recommendations for rehabilitation and expansion in City infrastructure through priority investment projects and carry out detailed design and cost estimates of the priority projects.
- To prepare Action Plans & Phasing with costing derived from Master Plan.
- To prepare organizational design and its arrangement for implementation of Master Plan, infrastructure development and improved service delivery.